Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It Is Days Like Today...





... that remind me how much I am going to miss my maternity leave and whole days spent with my little heart. Crisp wintery walks. Snow-covered parks (this is beautiful Grünerløkka today). The perfect take-away latte. Nahla all snug in her Bugaboo. The city. The people. The freedom. I still cannot believe that tomorrow I am into work. After 13 amazing, hectic, loved-up and unforgettable months.

And much as I am looking forward to the buzz and challenges of a day at the office, I know I will miss these very special months with my whole heart. I feel blessed and lucky that I live in a country that allows women to not only have babies and be allowed to keep their careers, but that also lets you have time to bond with and get to know your children and spend this whole precious first year with them. Today marked the end of an era for little beautiful Nahla and Mummy, and the start of a very new one!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...