Monday, January 31, 2011

Fever And Mummy Guilt


My precious little munchkin was not well when Mummy came home from work today, snots and a little fever, all she wanted to do was sit in Mummy's lap and cuddle. And my heart ached. Not that I worry that she is not being well looked after, with Bestemor (granny) being utterly besotted with her beautiful granddaughter. But just because I am a mum. Because I feel like I should not leave my baby's side when she is not well. Because I should sit here and rock her and read books and sing silly songs, for hours and hours, as long as it takes, until my little heart is well again.

And so tomorrow, if Nahla wakes up and is still not well, this Mummy will have to take a Sick Baby day- as we are lucky enough in Norway to have those- and just be Mummy- all day. Because that is what matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...