Sunday, August 8, 2010

New Food Habits



As Nahla's hunger strike is still somewhat ongoing- some days are worse than others, and by worse I mean less food in baby, more food on Mummy/floor/clothes- I am currently favoring the somewhat flaky approach of "whatever, whenever". Meaning that instead of the semi-strict routines we had on her meals prior to the strike, I am now happy as long as she eats anything- and at anytime. Yes, I know I will most definitively return to our routines once this phase comes to an end, as I am totally dependent on routines myself and like to be prepared, knowing what is going to happen next, but for the time being, this works. I still think it's a teething thing. Another tooth came through the other day, meaning there is now a total of 6 teeth in my little darlings mouth- with number 7 right around the corner by the look of it. And while all this is happening, and Nahla is still refusing most of the stuff she used to LOVE, like anything from Ella's Kitchen, most of the food from HIPP and all of the stuff I made myself, I have decided that I- for the time being- have to throw all my stricter-than-strict food rules out the window. So yesterday, when out for Saturday café lunch with my parents, Nahla's grandparents, when my dad offered my princess a french fry- and she seemed to want it- I just closed my eyes and tried to forget about the unsaturated fat content- and focused on enjoying the fact that my little love ate the whole thing! And then another one! And then she had a little taste of Mummy's milkshake and loved that too. Little sugar-plum-fairy that she is. The saving grace- at least- was that for her evening meal she had 1/2 pear, lots of watermelon and then a rice cake. All is well that ends well, as they say!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...