Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Shopping My Closet- Inspiration!




Hugely inspired by a feature in Harper's Bazaar on how women tend to have so many amazing items of clothing that they never wear, mostly due to not knowing how to wear it, I decided that today was the day when I am going to shop in my own closet. Confused? It's easy- and really the perfect task for that morning hour when Nahla is on her first nap of the day and while I am still- usually- running around in my pj's! Shopping your closet means approaching your very own wardrobe like you do any shop when out hunting for new outfit. Looking for gems, pairing stuff up into outfits suitable for different things, getting rid of stuff you'll never wear etc., etc. A genius idea, really, considering most women sometimes struggle to remember what their often overflowing wardrobes contain.

I know for a fact that I have some really amazing stuff in my vast wardrobe, but ever since having Nahla, when my mornings all of a sudden were a lot more hectic and revolved around someone else than myself, I have- while still making an effort I like to believe- tended to wear and re-wear the same stuff, plus minus the odd new purchase! These days, I have a feeling fashion is more about what lies closer to the top of the pile when I am running around in a towel, fresh from the shower, than what really goes with what and nods to the latest trends. And I am someone who is obsessed with fashion! I devour magazines, read every major fashion blog going, watch Gossip Girl purely for the outfits and actually get goosebumps when I watch en episode of The Rachel Zoe Project! And when I struggle to make sense of my wardrobe, I have a feeling this goes for any new mum out there. So today is the day, I have decided. I will edit, mix, match, tidy, organize and all in all get my wardrobe in perfect shape, making my mornings so much easier and busy mummy friendly.

I while undergoing this major task, I figured it is important to keep a tearsheet of inspirations when it comes to putting outfits together post wardrobe organization. And who works better than my complete and utter of-the-moment style crush Olivia Palermo. I know I have raved about this socialite/reality star/Elle employee(need we say more)/oh-my-God-how-does-she-do-it fashionista before, but seriously, how much would you not pay to spend an our in this girls closet?! I think what facinates me mostly about her sense of fashion and her ability to put an outfit together is how she is such a great mixer. Designer with high-street, patterns on patterns, great accessories with simple clothes; you name it, she can do it. And as I mention, I have a lot of clothes. A lot. Like most women who care about fashion I guess. Sometimes I think we just need a little reminder on how to make use of what we already have lying around, what to put with what and how to make everyday a very stylish day!

(Photo Credit from here and here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...