Sunday, August 8, 2010

Kitchen Confidential






Pottering around my mum's kitchen this morning trying to rustle up some Sunday morning pancakes, it made me long for getting the kitchen of my dreams soon. Seriously, the kitchen is such an important room, having to cater for a variety of activities. Cooking, baking, eating, entertaining, drawing, homework, a quick latte, girly gossip'y evening around the dining table, romantic late night dinners with BF- hopefully followed by some kitchen counter action...(!) As I said, many different needs, one kitchen!
I love white kitchens, modern, and with some quirky details. Like a long dining table, bench on one side, Eames chairs on the other, then a bright red glossy chair at the end. Or, as I have seen in a magazine somewhere, a big vintage steel"Boulangerie" sign on the wall. Or some really colorful prints in a bright white kitchen, super cool.
And while the details are yet be to decided, I know for sure there are certain things I want or need. A corner for coffee, so my Nespresso machine can truly be seen and used. Space for all the pods. Preferably an island, with baking space on top and shelves for all my cookbooks below. High gloss surfaces. Industrial pendant lighting. A big gas cooker. Give me all these things, and my inner domestic goddess will come bursting out!

(Photo Credit from here and here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...