Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hunger Strike, Day 2...




Yep, Nahla is still going strong with her decision to not eat, i.e The Strike is still on. In full force. And not only is she still doing it, she seems to be getting better at it too! There is no end to how hard she can keep her lips together, and regardless of how many funny faces, tickles, items dangled in the air, ANYTHING AT ALL, she manages to still keep her little mouth shut. Firmly. For breakfast, I managed to get about 4 spoons of rice in. And that was mostly because I tricked her and shoved then in while she yawned or screamed. For lunch: 4 MINUSCULE pieces of bread. 2 spoonfuls of yoghurt- down to much the same trickery Mummy resorted to during breakfast. And dinner and evening meal: Let's just say that more food ended up on the floor, on her bib and on me than the few little bits that actually made it into her mouth.

But- the weird thing is that she is flying form. Babbling and laughing and playing. Drinks her bottles like it was the last bottle she was ever going to have. And in general being her usual funny cool little self. So why won't she eat?! This Mummy Drama is making me exhausted, feeding is now taking three times as long as usual and yet the results are poor to say it mildly. Could it be another new tooth; I wonder? Having consulted all my mummy friends I have been given tons of advice and supportive words and now feel a tad better. Maybe it is just a phase. Maybe she just wants to show Mummy who's boss. Maybe she is sick of her usual food. Or maybe it is that tooth. Who knows. I am keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow will be a better- and more food-loving'y- day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...