Saturday, May 8, 2010

Toys!






Being of the genre of people that HATE clutter and mess, I was adamant that when my baby arrived, I would be very restrictive in terms of how much toys I would allow he/she to have- as I used to cringe in horror at people's houses filled to the brim with brightly colored plastic stuff and everything and anything from the Fisher Price catalogue. But then off course Nahla arrived. And not only did I with much joy and excitement welcome all the presents she was given, both before she was even born and after, but I can now firmly say I have started adding to her toy-collection myself- and loving every minute of it! I love watching her grab for her toys, literally being witness to how she from day to day explores more, moves more, chews on more, plays with more than the day before. How she so quickly is becoming a baby rather than my tiny little all-I-want-is-to-be-cuddled-up-next-to-my-mummy's-boobies infant she was only a short while ago.

I now approach toy-stores with a newfound joy, and brightly colored objects are slowly but surely infiltrating our home- and Nahla is a mere four months old as of yet! I can already only imagine how garishly colored and plastic'y our universe will become in a few more months, a couple of years. Dolls-houses, swing-sets, petting-zoo animals, My Little Ponies, Barbie & Co.; I can not wait! Obsessed-with-my-baby-Mummy? You bet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...