Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Rock, Paper, Scissors.. And Glue..






I feel like I have totally deserved a nice glass of wine tonight- once my cupcake is tucked up in her bed off course. After all, I have really outdone myself today in the crafts department, lovingly (well, more or less anyway) hand-made the invitations for Nahla's upcoming Christening. Note that I have never really been too good at these types of projects, loosing patience if things didn't go quite as planned, stuff got glued together, glitter made its way onto every imaginable surface- you know, those sorts of minor DIY disasters. But now I thought I better get working on my home-making skills, being a mum and all, so with a newfound enthusiasm I went to work!

And if I may say so myself- and I will- the invitations did not turn out to shabby indeed. Not that I attempted something too arty, but still; a combination of paper, wrapping paper, stick-on lace borders and some glittery stickers- and ta-da! Super-cute invitations! The picture of Nahla helped off course, her being so cute she could make even the most badly made card ever look like it was lovingly created by the clever hands of Martha Stewart!

Thank God, that is one thing I can cross off my ever increasing to-do list! Next: Place setting cards! But first: White wine, home-made chocolate truffles (not made by me, there are limits to how much DIY'ing one mummy can do in a day!) and Sex & The City re-runs. H.E.A.V.E.N!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...