Wednesday, May 26, 2010

5 Months in Mommy-Wood!


My little treasure was five months old yesterday! That just seems crazy to me, it feels like she was only just born! I have been a mum for five whole months! Soothed every cry, caught every smile, smiled at every laugh, fed her when hungry, cuddled away scary dreams, changed a lot of nappies, washed a lot of clothes, marveled over again and again how much I love her, how she completed my world, completed me. Completed us. I cannot remember now who I was before her, it makes everything else seem less important, less meaningful; she truly is the centre of my universe!

Yesterday morning, at her five-month check-up at the health-station, she weighed in at 7,1 Kg, and measured 69 cm! No wonder her clothes size 68 have seemed a tad small lately! Nahla impressed the nurse with her laughing and shouting and tiny little rice-grain tooth. As well as her flipping from her back to her belly trick, something she feels the need to do if ever put down on her back now. Then cry when she can't turn back! My brave little munchkin cried a tad from her two booster-shots, but recovered quickly and fell asleep in her pram as soon as we walked out into the lovely spring sunshine again. My little angel!

The rest of the day yesterday was spent shopping- I bought some super-cute summer pj's for Nahla in H&M, and then we went to my auntie and uncle's house, where we relaxed with family, a barbeque dinner and then some TV before we went home. Then cupcake and mummy went to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...