Friday, May 7, 2010

Best Friends, Babies and Beautiful Days!





Having just spent 2 great days in Tromsø with Ingrid, aka Best Friend In The World, and her beautiful family, Nahla and I are back in my mum and dad's house, where we will be visiting until we return to Oslo on the 19th of this month. It always amazes me when Ingrid and I meet how good and honest and strong our friendship is, and how it does not seem to matter in the slightest that days and often months, miles and oceans separates us. When we speak on the phone and when we meet, everything is the same, as good, as comfortable and as safe as it has always been. Having been each other's best friends for the last 15 years or so, we have grown up, gone through, seen, done and relied on each other for so much through the years. Sisters in every other way than by genetics; I wish it upon everyone to have a friendship like this in their lives.

And now an even deeper element binds us together; we are now both mummies! Ingrid was first out; welcoming the most perfect little baby boy, A, in 2004, and then her beautiful little princess, S, 15 months ago. When I first found out I was having Nahla, Ingrid was one of the first people I told- off course. My best friend, and the most amazing mum I know; it is a so great to have her to call upon for any type of baby advice I may need. And it is an extra bonus that she by trade is a pediatric nurse! So much great knowledge at the other end of the phone is a blessing!

I am lucky enough to be A's Godmother, and Ingrid will off course be Nahla's when her Christening takes place this July, and although at this age it seems like a lot, it is only 11 months that separates our little girls- and so I just know that they will grow up being the best of friends- just like their mummies!

Two perfect days, all in all, where we played with the kids, went for walks and yummy frothy lattes, made big noise family dinners, cuddles in front of the TV, shared a bottle of wine when we had all the kids in bed, and in general just talked and talked and talked, the way only really good friends can! It is days like these that really make you realize the importance of family, whether the one you are given by nature or the one you chose for yourself in the shape of friends. Lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...