Friday, September 17, 2010

New Shopping Mecca!


Today as I was in town passing time until we were heading up to the hospital to visit my BRAND NEW NIECE (still unnamed, mind you!) I happened to be going by the Steen & Strøm department store as I was picking up some stuff for Nahla in Polarn & Pyret ( such cute baby stuff!). Accidently I excited the lift at the 4th floor instead of the 5th, and what a lucky break!


The whole floor was transformed into what I instantly recognized as Fashion Heaven! I was speechless- it is not often a whole high end shop opening takes place without me knowing about it- but now it had happened! I blame my week up north- cut off from important news like this. Anyway, more about my new "Place Where Credit Cards Come To Die" (i.e. be maxed out). The floor was fitted out beautifully, chandeliers, vintage dressers, cowhide rugs, bare floor boards- and lots and lots of clothes so beautiful it made me almost teary-eyed.


With labels including Day Birger et Mikkelsen, Odd Molly, Desigerns Remix, Stella Nova, DKNY, Epilog and Diesel- as well as many more, it is needless to say this place made my heart skip a beat.


Even Nahla was on her best behaviour as Mummy shopped- clearly she is her mother's daughter in this regard!


This beautiful beautiful scarf from BECK SÖNDERGAARD, one of my new favorite Danish design houses, got to come home with me and live in my wardrobe.


Our first visit, but most certainly not our last! Totally worth checking out if you are in town! Big fashion credentials- take it from a very well experienced shopper!


Love these cushions from Day's home collection! Think one or two would look fab in my Eames chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...