Sunday, September 12, 2010

Mummy And Magazines






My magazine obsession didn't shift when I become a mummy. I still buy Vogue, In Style, Living Etc., Grazia, Elle (Norwegian and UK editions), Costume (Norwegian and Danish editions), Glamour magazine (on and off), Harpers Bazaar (US edition) and a handful of other magazines too, always a variety of Scandinavian ones, I mix it up from month to month. It's just now, post pregnancy and with a baby of my own, I also tend to "need" my fill of mummy related fashions, articles and interior. And so, added to my already gigantic magazine spending habit, is now also Kamille Mor & Barn (Norwegian), Mamma (Norwegian), Mama (Swedish), Pregnancy and Baby magazine (UK) + any other ones that I just happen to spot when in a magazine shop.

I'm a sucker for newspaper stands on the streets when abroad, always managing to pick up some new magazines wherever I go. The result: I am responsible for the death of a lot of trees. And have serious storage issues when it comes to my collection. And am constantly going over my allowed magazine budget. The solutions: I think I need an iPad, where I can download, read and linger over even more magazines- and for a lot less cash! Although... it might not be quite the same trying to read it in the bath.. Or curled up in my favorite chair. There is something about the smell of a brand new magazine, the anticipation before you read it, planning how you are going to sit down with a steaming latte and some Oreos maybe and slowly read it, cover to cover, lingering at the amazing fashions, the new must-have creams and countless gorgeous ads.
Let's face it, I'm an addict. Magazine-rehab, does it exist?

(All photos from Mamma magazine, Issue 7, 2010)

2 comments:

  1. I wish they had fashion for mum's in mother magazines its more about breastfeeding & toilet training & both have been done & are over now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi victoria, tell me about it! i mean, we still have the toilet training part to get through, but still, i would LOVE to see more fashion stories in mummy mags! like really cute mummy and mini-me stuff, or some "playground playdates in style" updates! maybe we should do our own magazine?! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...