Saturday, September 4, 2010

Nesting Instinct





Whenever the season turns from summer- when being outside is what you really want to do- to autumn, I tend to get a need to make my surroundings all warm and cozy and homely inviting. Autumn is a time for lit candles, cups of steaming hot tea or hot chocolate, long dinners with friends and cuddling up in front of a roaring fire. And this year, having become a mummy, my nesting instincts have gone into overdrive. Seriously. I hoard interior magazines. Read every major interior blog out there. Longingly browse home shop websites. And have to seriously restrain myself when out and about, because all I want to do is run into shops and buy blankets and throws and candles and cutlery and scented candles and huge big pieces of furniture. Which is insanity as I have to move all my stuff overseas in a couple of weeks. As you can imagine, I am more than eager to get decorating! In the meantime, there is always mood-boards, tearsheats and countless plans made of just how cozy and stunning and beautiful I want our home to be!

(Photo Credit from here and here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...