Monday, April 18, 2011

Today's Yummy Mummy Style Crush


I worship images of women who makes me less afraid of aging. Like, you know what I mean, women who despite having moved well past their youthful 20s still manage to look fashionable and glowy and fabulous, like they only got in the door from a yoga class/the vegan raw-food restaurant/a romp with their much younger boyfriend. Or all of the above.
It makes me embrace the great things about getting older, like the fact that I feel healthier than ever. That I have my own little family. That I have a career that I love. A great relationship with my family and some close friends that are so close they are practically family. That I have money to spend on things I love. Not endless money, for sure, but enough to keep my Tory Burch/Mulberry/Acne/COS/Zara/nice holidays and dinners out addictions up and running. Thus so far, I am LOVING my 30s!


And if these images of the AMAZINGLY gorgeous mama Cindy Crawford is anything to go by, your 40s don't look to shabby either. The original super-model, who - if possible - look even better today than in her hayday in the 1990s, is keeping busy raising 9-year old Kaia and 11-year old Presley with husband Rande Gerber. And these days it is family that matters most to the leggy lady, who admitted in a recent interview that she would much rather spend some quality time with her brood at home in Malibu than get gussied up for a night on the town. Balance, I argue. LOVE LOVE LOVE nights in with BF and munchkin, but must admit, there is something about dressing up for a night out that gets my fashion heart racing too.

On aging Cindy recently stated to Allure magazine: “I think what really shows on your face - besides good hair color - is if you're happy in your life. If you're doing work that you enjoy and that is rewarding, then as my mom always said, 'You'd rather have smile lines than frown lines.” Too true! Fab yummy mummy, we like!

(Photo Credit from here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...