Thursday, July 14, 2011

I Have A Secret Obsession...



Larabars. Oh My God. So so yum. And 100 % natural. So sugar. No dairy. No additives. No gluten. No nasties. Just raw fruit and nuts and juices pressed together into a little bar of perfect yumminess. Larabars are my sweet treat - without the guilt! The come in lots of flavors - I LOVE banana bread, pecan pie and key lime pie - and if you knew me well, you'd know that there is ALWAYS one lurking in my handbag.

And the best bit? Nahla LOVES them too and thinks that these are sweets! This really warms my heart as I am above average interested in food and health and I so want my princess to love healthy food that nourishes and protects and not fall into the junk-and-sugar trap. If you want some serious and hilariously well written info about how to eat good stuff, avoid junk and generally learn more about why we should put good foods into our bodies, you should read the Skinny Bitch books by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin. I first read the Skinny Bitch Bun in the Oven book when I was pregnant and LOVED it. Far from being the diet book it sounds like, it really teaches you what is really lurking in the foods we eat on a daily basis and what this is doing to ourselves, our babies and the world around us. Powerful important stuff!


Enough of the lecturing (although, seriously, get on Amazon and order a copy, you will NOT regret it!)

Larabars (which you can order from here) are so yummy I would eat them whether they were healthy or not. The fact that they are is just a big fat yummy healthy bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...