Thursday, July 21, 2011

Getting Back To Form



Bikram yoga + plenty of green superfood smoothies will get me there fast! Oh, and the fact that I have now officially taken the step and become a vegetarian! I have toyed with it for years, having never really liked the taste of meat or how it made me feel after eating it. That combined with having read some very interesting - and gruesome - books on the conditions in which animals are kept and subsequently slaughtered just made me make up my mind. I have now been compeltely meat free for over two weeks. And I feel amazing! Seriosuly, so much energy and just, well, better.

I would love to eventually be almost totally vegan, i.e. eat no products at all that comes from animals, but i think I have to take it one step at a time. Giving up my sprinkle of parmesan on tomato sauce pasta might prove hard.. Or the milk in my latte - although I do try and alternate between regular milk and soy as it is.

But, every journey begins with one step, and this is mine. Healthy, yummy, meat-free mummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...