Thursday, July 1, 2010

Heat Wave Go Away!



For someone who LOVES summer, this might seem like a rather odd statement indeed. And words I really never thought would come out of my mouth. I mean, stretched out on a beach in Thailand, with the temperature approaching 40 C, I though "this is the life" and curled my toes into the hot sand. In Greece in the month of July, as the air stood still and the sweat was running down my lovely tanned legs, I couldn't have been happier. Or more in my element. That was until I had a baby. And realized a few things. Like how babies really really do not like super-hot weather. How it makes them wingy, and clingy and just generally uncomfortable. And unable to sleep, eat properly and really; act like their normal happy selves. Poor little Nahla is not a happy camper in this current heat wave swiping southern Scandinavia. Even today, while out and about, she cannot seem to get comfortable enough to sleep, even though all she was wearing was a little short-sleeved babygro. And normally, she sleeps so well in her Bugaboo- loves the snug-ness and the motion and the fresh air. But not today. And this evening too, the heat in the apartment was bugging her. She tossed and turned in her cot, woke up several times, cried, tossed and turned some more. Got up again because she was then wide awake, then cried and cried and cried because really, all she wanted to do was sleep. My poor little cupcake. She finally fell asleep properly at around 10.30 P.M- utterly exhausted. And as a consequence, so am I. All I want to do is go to bed, and yet I find myself just trying to get things done around the house that needs doing. Laundry. Dishes, Dusting. Bills to be paid. Post sorted out. Toys tidied up. Lucky I bought that new make-up indeed- or this Mummy would have been more slummy than yummy in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...