Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday in the City




Today was in many ways the perfect lazy Sunday. Lie-in till after 10 am. Banana-porridge and freshly squeezed OJ for breakfast. A leisurely walk over to Ă…pent Bakeri for a take-away latte- as no day is complete without my daily dose of caffeine. Then after lunch my dad- who has been down in Oslo for a week, had to leave for the airport and head home. My mum is staying on till Wednesday. It's been so nice to have them here. Both because I genuinely love having them here and also because it's been so nice to have a bit of help, having been able to shower for as long as I like. Eat a meal from start to finish. Get some laundry and other boring household chores done. It totally makes me wonder how people who have twins manage. Or not even twins, but just more than one child really. My God; time management just takes on a whole new meaning when you have kids!

Anyway; back to my perfect Sunday. This afternoon my mum and I took turns cleaning house and minding Nahla, so now the whole house smells all fresh and clean. I got like four loads of laundry done- and on top of that managed to bake some very yummy carrot cake cupcakes; perfect snacks for my mum and me while watching the coverage of the Oscars on TV. Total bliss! xoxo YM

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...