Friday, March 5, 2010

Dreaming of spring...






God, woke up to -10 c this morning and must admit I was not ready for it. At all. This winter seem to have gone on forever, with no break. I mean, it even snowed while we were in Ireland! In my head I think I had convinced myself that because we are now in the month of March, surely the worst would be over. But no. Freezing. Seriously. I am so over winter. O.V.E.R.

I find myself sighing at the sight of all my winter-clothes. I cringe at woolly blankets and throws adorning my furniture. I shudder at the though of yet another cup of hot chocolate or chai tea or mulled anything. What I crave are mojitos. Cold, refreshing bottles of Corona- preferable enjoyed in a warm beer-garden. I want to slip my (summer-tanned) toes into my much loved Havaianas, throw on a cotton maxi dress and watch the sun set over the Gulf of Thailand. I want to be able to put little cute dresses on Nahla, be able to bring her out without having to put fourteen layers of clothing on her. Roll on summer 2010- let it be the Summer Above All Others!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...