Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Love of My Life!




Nobody prepares you for the feeling of being a mum. I mean, I knew I would love the little thing. Care for her. Want to make sure she is safe and warm and fed and all those things. But this feeling of loving her so much my heart actually aches I did not know about. Never even knew it existed. I mean, sometimes I look at her sleeping in her cot, and I almost have to stop myself from picking her up and just holding her and kissing her adorable little head over and over again. She is so utterly perfect. So amazingly funny when she laughs and so heartbreakingly beautiful when she cries. To think I thought I knew what love was! The way you love your partner, your parents, your siblings and friends; it's also love- but very different still. The way you love your baby is just so all-consuming, completely, scarily.

"Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here even an hour I would die for you. This is the meaning of love."

The joy of being a mummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...