Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Fish Oil!



From 4 weeks of age, babies need to be given fish oil to support their need for vitamin D. Now from being used to only warm sweet milk, the transition to cold disgusting fish oil is rather steep. So I was forewarned that she might spit it out- and in the process ruin her clothes. Fish oil stains is apparently notoriously hard to get out of clothes. So I took no chances; I feed it to my little cupcake while she is having her daily bath in the evenings. I fill the syringe with approximately 5 ml of oil, but so far I have only managed to get her to take around 3. Which is fine; all is better than nothing. The idea is that you build up towards 5 ml fir when baby is around 6 months old. And as having her bath is one of my baby's all time favorite things to do, I kind of manage to sneak the whole oil debacle by her without her taking too much notice at all- magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...