Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sleeping Arrangements...


Ok, I know I am going to get a lot of flak for this, and I am more than well aware that I have created my own problem here, and that it is going to be one long hard way out of this, but here's the thing: Every night without fail Nahla goes to bed in her cot- now granted it is late enough when she finally goes down, my little party-princess, but still. Then at some point during the night she wakes up, usually around 4 am or so. Then I lift her into bed to feed her- the easiness of breastfeeding at night- and then, this is where the problem starts, we sort of both fall asleep, hence she ends up spending the last part of the night in my bed. Like every night. Without fail. And I can't lie, much as she loves it, I totally love it too. It feels so perfect and safe and cosy. Having her warm little body cuddled up next to me is the best thing ever. And even better; sleeping next to me makes her sleep till 9- 9.30 every morning! I feel blessed. Every time I see another new mummy with black circles under her hollow eyes clutching her cup of strong black coffee I thank my lucky star.

But; I know we have to break the habit at some point. Soon. I mean, it is one thing now that it is just Nahla and me, but pretty soon BF will be with our little twosome full-time and then I really need to have sorted out our sleeping patterns. I have done my research. I will stock up on earplugs. I will start doing the sleeping-in-mummy's-bed-detox when we get to Ireland, and BF can contribute rocking her back to sleep after her night-time feed, so she doesn't smell me and it reminds her how much she loves sleeping next to Mummy's boobies, being lulled asleep by the sweet scent of milk. Separation anxiety, here we come. And I am talking about mine, not hers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...