Sunday, March 7, 2010

Party Princess




Yesterday we celebrated my cousin Andreas' birthday- officially now the worlds coolest 10-year old. Although I have to admit that it frightens me how quickly he seemed to grow up; I mean; I remember going to visit them all in the hospital the day he was born! And it seems like it was only a couple of years ago, three tops. And now he is 10! That is nuts. It reminds me how much I should stop and enjoy all the little moments with my princess, because they are whizzing by oh so quickly. Every day she does something new, learns something different, and I am just soaking it all in, I feel blessed to be able to do so. Sometimes BF and I discuss it, how it all happened, how she was a complete and utter accident- albeit the best one that ever happened to me. I remember we sat on a beach in Greece last summer and discussed how we were going to manage everything. The baby. The pregnancy. Him having already applied to and got in to University of Bristol to do his MA, and me having decided that I would be going home to Norway to work for a few months and have the baby. Would we manage?

And now; on the homestretch of it all, Nahla having arrived, BF getting to the end of his MA, we can safely say that we have made it. Everything has turned out better. more amazing , more perfect than we could have ever imagined I think. Although I know BF especially is counting days until we are officially again living in the same country; wherever that will be, because he misses seeing Nahla every day, hates missing out on all the everyday stuff. But soon we are there, and in the meantime, I'm just loving every minute of this mummy-adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...