Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thursday Night Snack

As my two loves are flying back from Ireland this very afternoon, I have decided that not only will we head out to YaYa's (my favorite Oslo Thai food place) upon their arrival for some yummy dinner, but I will also make some nice and crunchy snacks for us to enjoy when we get home. Domestic goddess-hood, here I come!

Anyway, I came acorss this very delishious looking recipe on this very yummy blog, and as it looks to be: 1. Easy 2. Not too unhealthy and 3. Cheap as chips I have decided that this will be it:




Sweet and Salty Roasted Chicpeas

•1 can (14 oz) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
•2 teaspoons olive oil
•1 teaspoon cinnamon or your spice(s) of choice
•1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
•1/4 teaspoon salt




1.Place chickpeas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat.

2.Bake at 450 F for 30 minutes. (You didn't miss anything here. You don't oil or season them until after they are done.

3.Transfer chickpeas to a bowl and mix thoroughly with the rest of the ingredients.

Dig in! Sure they look absolutely yum, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...