Thursday, September 29, 2011

If I Only Could Sew...



... I would so make Nahla one of these as an advent calendar! So pretty - and perfect the way you can fit the little pressies in. I love the tradition of advent calendars, planning it, getting it together, wrapping it and being able to witness my princess excitely opening it in the morning. Last year she was far too young to truly understand the concept - but we still did the calendar off course - maybe moer for Mummy than for Nahla, but none the less; traditions are traditions.

Oh - and speaking of traditions; my mum still makes advent calendars for me and my sister! This is the cutest mummy in the world, by the way. At first we were meant to outgrow them when we turned 18. Then it became when we moved out - then that didn't happen either. Then the upper limit was moved to 25, a nice round number. 25 came and went and we still got our calendars. And I am not talking the chocolate variety, I am talking the full, 24 actual presents wrapped and hung up for us to open - now in our own homes, off course.

When I turned 30 last year that was meant to be the absolute end to the whole calendar debate, especially as I now had a daughter of my own. But no; Best Mom In The World still managed to decide she wanted to make us calnedars and so before December 1st rolled around, she had all the stuff sent down for me to hang and ready to open.

Talk about adhering to traditions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...