Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Nahla's 1 Year Check-Up...



... at the health station came and went yesterday, without me really being able to comprehend how this year went by so very very fast. I know people always say how much quicker time seems to just slip through your fingers when you have children, and now I know what they mean. It is mind-blowing and scary at the same time.

Like there were other babies down at the local health centre in for their six week check-ups, and in my head I was like: "Sure, we were just in for that!" And yet, compared to these tiny little helpless creatures, my own little creature was busy climbing around the place, trying out the rocking horse, pointing at the other babies going: "baby! baby!" The difference a few months make in terms of human development is truly staggering.

On one level I love and enjoy the phase we are at now, where every day my little muffin learns something new, words, movements, notions, everything. She is so quickly becoming her own little person- and I feel blessed being allowed to witness her every little development. And on another note it does fill me with a little nostalgia, like her being a tiny little baby just came and went so much too quickly. I strive to remember every little detail and find myself flicking back over our year in pictures. One month she is this tiny little thing, just rocking softly back and forth in her little bouncy chair, locked away in her own little world. Skip a few pictures and she is standing at my laptop, "chatting" away on Skype! It truly makes you realize how incredibly precious and special these months and days are, how you should do everything in your power to just enjoy them and not worry about other non-important things. Seizing every amazing little moment, that is our motto now, more so than ever!

2 comments:

  1. welcome to the club of the sentimental mommies!!! hahaha its imposible to believe how fast they grow up, today they have 3 months and tomorrow they have 3 years and its beutiful but sometimes i really want to back in time when they were a newborn baby and everithing was like "eat,sleep and poop" but its great this time and im sure that one day when nahla get more older and you show her this bolg you will be remember this crazy and funny times =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. tell me about it! talk about weepy mommy! :) and it is true, this time is a lot of fun, for sure. like tonight, i heard her move around in her cot, so i went in to see if she was still sleeping. and so she was- i thought- until i pulled the duvet away from her little face and she just went: "MAMMA" and started laughing- as if she had just been pretending to sleep so she could trick me as soon as i looked in on her! such a funny little weirdo, my nahla! :) and thank you for your kind comments, yeah, i hope ill be able to show her the blog as kind of a little diary from when she was a baby! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...