Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sitting Pretty



How beautiful is this chair?! And lucky lucky me, this was my birthday present from my parents this year! I have lusted after the DAR chair, designed by Charles and Ray Eames in 1950(!) for as long as I can remember, just knowing it would make the perfect perfect desk chair- sure my creative juices would flow far more freely in this designer beauty from VITRA than some cardboard IKEA thing! Now, don't get me wrong, I like IKEA too- I just don't believe in furnishing your entire home from there- much the same as I feel about fashion, I rely on Zara and Topshop like the rest of the worlds' female population, but high-street clothes needs a little designer bag, or sunglasses or shoes, to be pulled off. And furniture works in much the same way. IKEA are great for storage solutions, tableware, frames, candles and other little bits and bobs for making a house a home, but as far as beds, sofas and other important pieces go, I'd rather shop somewhere else.

This beauty is Vitra's re-edition of the now legendary EamesDAR Armchair with its 'Eiffel Tower' leg base. And it is stunning- and oh so comfortable. Now- the downside- I haven't actually got it yet, the voucher burning a whole in my pockets I want to go spend it like, yesterday. But, when I was told this was my Big Birthday Gift (spoilt that I am, I also got some smaller stuff!), I decided I was not going to go buy it until we were done with all the moving- as I just know I'd be worried about it in transit somewhere between Ireland or England- or new abode in Oslo; whatever we decide on. But, trust me, as soon I have unpacked my stuff somewhere new, this chair will be mine! LOVE!

(Images borrowed from here and here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...