Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Little Getting Bigger






Somebody please stop time! At least for a little while, some moments, months, hours. The days with my little princess are just whizzing by so much to quickly, I can not seem to get my head around the fact that on Saturday she will be 6 months old! 6 whole months! It is so hard to grasp, it feels in many ways like she was only just born! Just mere moments since she was this tiny little thing all bundled up in my arms, all she was doing was sleeping and eating. And now, after what feels like literally just the blink of an eye, she has been here for half a year! She babbles, she eats, she laughs, she rolls over, she has TWO razor-sharp little teeth, she has outgrown several bags of (barely worn!) clothes and she has enriched and completed and perfected our lives in ways I could have never even imagined before she arrived.
I just wish this precious time would last longer, her being my little baby. Her eyes lighting up when I enter the room, her cries soothed when I sing to her, her world so safe and warm when I hold her. These are moments I know will forever be burnt into my heart as the most beautiful beautiful days of my life, a calmness and a love so powerful it knocked me sideways and made me whole at the same time. My beautiful little girl, getting bigger by the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...