Saturday, June 26, 2010

Eh. I. Don't. Think. So.





I have always loathed changing- bags. Seriously. Even since long before I ever ventured into mummy territory myself, I used to notice these overly large, overly full and most often overly ugly bags hanging off prams, or across some unfortunate girl's shoulder. I mean, I have NEVER seen a nice diaper bag. Ever. Even Bugaboo- who pride themselves on their design, have awful diaper bags. Large, clumpy and B.O.R.I.N.G. And that's not even the worst of it. Did you ever notice the price of these bags??? Seriously. Some of them are like 2000 NOK. (Like 250 euros!) Are you kidding me I often thought when pregnant and out shopping all things needed doe baby's imminent arrival. My beloved Louis Vuitton Never Full bag was 4500 NOK (550 euros)- so there was no way in hell I was prepared to shell out that kind of money for a changing bag- regardless of how much I would be carting it around over the years to come!

So I made my own solution, a one of a kind Anya Hindmarch "changing bag". Basically, what I did was bring a cotton shopper by said designer into one of those key-cutting/shoe mending places in the city, and had them attach two little metal rings on each side of the bag. So now all I have to do is clip the bag onto the hooks I have for the handle, and Voilá! A stylish, made-to-measure changing bag, perfect for our daily needs, like bottles, diapers, wipes and the likes! If you can't buy it, DIY it!

(Photo Credit from here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...