Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Pregnancy Yoga



I never really got around to joining a pregnancy yoga class when I was expecting Nahla. Things were so hectic and busy, we were traveling all the time, and I moved country and house and it was generally just a busy time. But then again, it was my first pregnancy, and I had the luxury of being in total control of my own time. When I was tired, I slept. When I was hungry, I ate. And so on and so forth.

This time around, however, my time is not entirely my own. As all mothers know. I sleep only at night - and even then I am always short of a few hours. Although that is probably more to do with my crazy work schedule than Nahla. Naps are a no-no. Like; where would I fit one on?! I consume a lot of my meals standing up - or on the go. Hello smoothies. I am mothering and working and keeping the house together and trying to squeeze in some couple time too, and before you know it; 29 weeks of this pregnancy has gone by without me having a lot of time to even ponder upon it.

And so last week I signed up for pregnancy yoga classes - just to carve out that little bit of time when I can focus and me - and the new baby in the making. I LOVE yoga. Think it is the most amazing relaxing and grounding thing ever. And even more so when pregnant. So for 1 1/2 hour every week, I am taking time to tune out and tune in. And I am loving every minute of it. Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...