Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Some Days..



... plans just go out the window, no matter how busy/important/organized you are. Every working mama all over the world knows that. And today was just one of those days. I got up at 6 A.M., had a quick shower, got Nahla's clothes ready, her bag and lunchbox ready. Checked my e-mails. Put on make-up. Made oatmeal for Nahla. Went to wake up my munckin. Had some cuddles while she properly woke up. Got her dressed. Sang The wheels on the bus sixteen times (maybe it was only six, but it sure felt like more!), feed her oatmeal while at the same time had some myself. Spilled an entire carton of orange juice - me, not Nahla. Shoes, coats, out the door.

We walked the 15 minutes to playschool. Brought my munchkin in, sorted out her bag and lunchbox and pram. Wiped the tears. Detangled myself, heart breaking, from my little love, who has a canny ability to act like a little octopus when Mummy is leaving, all arms and legs entwined onto Mummy's legs. Made it out the door, and could happily hear she was no longer crying. Phew; Mummy guilt loosens it grip.

Ran down the road towards work, picked up a latte at Godt Brød. Checked my e-mails on the go. Made it in the office door. Desk, switch on computer; ready for my busy day. Then; phone rings. Playschool. My little love has thrown up all over the breakfast table. Pack up, run up the road, ring a variety of editors to let them know I will be working form home for the rest of the day and won't make any meetings. Makes it into creche in a record 12 minutes. Nahla, who looks rather healthy, is OVERJOYED at the sight of Mummy. My heart skips a beat; God, how I love this girl.

We pack her bag. Bundle her into the pram. And walk home. And here we are. PJ bottoms - for both of us. Books, puzzles and cartoons on TV. Hopefully tomorrow we are ready for our respective offices again. But for today, Mummy and Nahla time. And there is nowhere else I'd rather be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...