Friday, June 24, 2011

Separation Anxiety Setting In...




... as this working mama is heading to Oslo tomorrow morning for a whirlwind 24 hours of work, before returning to Ireland and her two loves Sunday morning. More than 24 hours away from my little love. I have never regretted saying yes to a freelance assignment this much before. And yet I know she will be fine, great in fact, spending time with her Daddy and welcoming Granny and Grandad home from 2 weeks in Paris. And I know I will enjoy my day once I get there. The fashionable brunch at House of Oslo. The goodie bags. The dressing up. I'll have fun, I'll make myself. And before I know it, I am back with my baby. Where I belong.

Funny, I never before thought about why my mum and dad were so worried when I headed off on all my travels and adventures in my early 20s. Thailand. Malaysia. Australia. America. I just thought they were being overly protective. Hah. Now I know better. Being a mum means you worry 24/7. Always. Because you are meant to, it is your job. Being a mum - and a dad for that matter - is the most amazing and important job in the world. No amount of goodie bags will ever come close. Which makes me wonder; how do mummies do it who have to go away for longer? Further? More often? I have so so much respect for mummies everywhere trying to juggle children, family and career, women truly are awe-inspiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...