Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happy Norway Day...





... from Mummy and Nahla, who celebrated this special and very national day today en route to Ireland. My little munchkin looked perfectly Norwegian in her for-the-occasion pretty dress and hat - and sure any days that starts with ice cream for breakfast is pretty much perfection for a 17 month old!

17.May is a day that always makes me feel more Norwegian than over. It is a day that always makes me long for home, no matter where I am and a day to celebrate all that is beautiful about my amazing home country - the most stunning place in the world.

And having realized that next year, 17.May will mean so much more to my then-2,5-year-old munchkin, I have made the decision that this day next year will be celebrated in Oslo. Surrounded by flags and bunads (national costumes) and ice creams and sunshine and family and fun!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...