Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Banana Blueberry Coconut Smoothie..




... is the perfect late night snack. Do as I do and enjoy it ice-cold and with an episode of How To Look Good Naked with the super-sweet Gok Wan- fashion guru extraordinaire to the woman in the street!

Smoothie How-To:

(Enough for two- so you can keep some for your breakfast too- or share with somebody lucky!)

2 large, ripe bananas (organic, off course!)
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup ice-cubes
1/4 cup shredded coconut (I buy the unsweetened ones)
1 tablespoon flax seeds (sometimes I use a flax- and hempseed mix)
1 tablespoon honey (again; organic)
1 cup plain nonfat yogurt (I use soy)
splash of milk, plus more if needed (I use rice-milk or almond-milk, but works well with the "normal" dairy kind too!)

Whizz in a blender until smooth. Add more milk as needed.

(PS: Recipe from an American cookbook, so that is why cups are used as unit. I just use a small coffee cup to measure the stuff- and it works magically well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...