Saturday, November 13, 2010

Forget Me, Forget Me Drops


Are you like me and sometimes wake up in the middle of the night going "Oh My God, I forgot those damned vitamin D drops again!" No? Ok, well, give it time. I started out when Nahla was only 4-5 weeks old, patiently giving her fish oil (yuck!!) , often when she was sitting in the bath, as I knew most of it would end up outside her mouth anyway. Then, when our travel schedule heated up, I switched to drops of concentrated vitamin D, both as they were easier to put in my wash-bag (teeny tiny bottle) and easier to administrate- I just drip drop it into her mouth at night when I have her on our changing table, getting her into her PJ's.

Which is a good idea in theory, only I keep forgetting to give her those damned drops! Hence the night waking and panicking that my little muffin is going to suffer from some sort of deficiency-related-illness. But- as every mother knows- when in doubt, you google. And so I did. And, after a lot of bla-bla about the two schools of theory in regards to vitamin D supplements in general, I managed to find some nerve-calming information that let me know that if you missed a day (or indeed two, as I sometimes do- shock-horror-call-in-child-protective-services!), just give an extra dose the next day, and boom; you are back in business! Phew, another mummy-anxiety related crisis averted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...