Friday, October 15, 2010

Statement Buy


This winter I have decided that I will invest in a classic Chanel bag. I mean, you remember I already decided I was going to focus on classic buys, ones that will not date and that will always be part of my wardrobe. And if I am going to splurge- and shopping at Chanel definitively falls under the splurge category- what could be a better investment piece than the Chanel 2.55 bag?! Seriously, it will always always stay stylish, its leather just getting more and more beautiful with every wear. It will make dressed down casual clothes look more dressed up, it will add an air of luxury to even the most high-street of outfits. And it will be oh so loved and cherished living in my wardrobe, trust me. Much as I love the one Lauren Conrad lusts after in the pictures above (oh, and how divine are those Louboutins?!), I think I will opt for black. Safe, some say, but always always classic.


Coco Chanel first designed this very bag in 1929, in both black and navy. She decided to add the chain strap because she hated constantly losing her clutch bags and wanted to free up women's hands. Clever Coco. In February 1955, Chanel developed the bag into the iconic quilted handbag we know today, its name references the date it was created 2.55, February 1955.

And if it isn't über yummy mummy-ish to tote diapers around in a 2.55, then what is?!

(Photo Credit from here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...