Friday, October 15, 2010

Mummy Sixth Sense...





... I wonder if this is something that kicks in once you give birth? Like a what-can-only-be-described-as an innate sixth sense when it comes to your baby? I think it must. And I think it develops as your baby grows. Like when Nahla was newborn, my mummy sixth sense would have only too been in its infancy. And now, almost ten months down the mummy line, it is more accurate. More specialized. Like today, when I was trying to get some packing done for our trip to Ireland on Sunday, I all of a sudden got this feeling Nahla was up to something. Last time I had checked, she was busy playing with some old magazines on the bedroom floor- and now all of a sudden the whole apartment was really really quiet. The kind of quiet it normally only is once my noisy missy is in bed. And so I went to check. And sure enough, she had in my pile of clothes waiting to be packed on the floor, found a large old H&M necklace- where one of the little stones was kinda loose. And she was determined to pick it off. In which case she was probably planning to eat it- as she attempts with most stuff. Cotton buds, paper, shampoo- I'm telling you; most things. I managed to snatch the dangerous necklace from her before any harm was done- and thanked my gut feeling I had checked on my little terror just in time. Note to self: BABY-PROOFING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...