Sunday, December 12, 2010

Houston, We Have A Problem!






You know you are in big trouble when your little oh-so-messy baby manages to make a mess quicker than you are able to tidy! Which is where we are now. Which, to an absolute control-freak and obsessive compulsive tidier like me, is A NIGHTMARE. To say the least.
Like this morning, I was trying to just do a little bit of cleaning- just your day-to-day food smear on the floor/dust lurking under the sofa/banana on the remote control stuff of any mum- when I realized that I was completely wasting my time. Because as soon as I had finished one task, or in reality, one room, Nahla had made a mess of the next one, quick as a flash.

Now, should I command her on her incredible efficiency or weep with frustration over the fact that this is what my life- and indeed house- is doomed to look like for the next few years?? I think my conclusion is this: It is beyond pointless to try to clean or tidy while miss messy is awake. So come 7 P.M. A.K.A Nahla's bedtime, this Mummy is ready with her dust-pan and mop and countless of those anti-bacterial wipes and voila; our home is once more transformed into a clean, tidy, Diptyque candle-scented haven. Bliss. And it lasts for EXACTLY 12 hours, before it is once again transformed into an 11-months idea of interior design blissfulness at its best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...