Monday, July 26, 2010

That Damned Cat...


There was a time when I thought the Hello Kitty kitty was rather cute. I mean; it IS a cute little cartoon kitten, what's not to like says you.
Well; try finding little girl clothes/shoes/baby blankets/towels/anything really that DOES NOT contain this oh-so-over-exposed kitten! Seriously, I'm not kidding. Now, don't get me wrong, Nahla has been known to wear some Hello Kitty gear too, we've had some pj's, a couple of babygros, a few pairs of socks I seem to recall. But now it seems to have gone into overdrive; annoying little oh-my-God-please-get-some-new-designers-people kind of overdrive.

I was around the shops today looking for some cute little tops for my munchkin to wear now that we are heading up north on holidays, mostly to go with some really cute and stylish jeans and skirt I bought for her in Paris. And would you believe me if I said I was in like 4 different shops and most of their assortment for girls under the age of 13 contain that damned cat- as I have now officially taken to calling her. Surely I cannot be the only mother who would actually love her child to be able to wear something- anything- that does not contain the same image?!

My rescue came with Zara- good old stylish reliable Zara- where I picked up some super-cute little outfits for Nahla, all in very trendy autumn'y colors like beige, navy and faded florals- LOVE. And the best part? Not a kitten in sight! Bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...