Tuesday, March 2, 2010

2 months check-up! Already!




Yesterday my little munchkin and I headed down to the health station when we got up. We did, in fact, have to set the alarm to manage to get up in time for our appointment at 9.30! Don't hate me all you people who have babies that don't sleep through the night, but my little girl is a brilliant sleeper! So much so that the mornings when we have had flights to catch, I have had to wake her up in order to get going for our trips. Lucky mummy me!

Anyway, back to yesterday's check-up. Everything went so well, my little princess made me super-proud! Out of the eight babies that were there for the group, headed by a nurse and a physiotherapist, Nahla was by far the happiest and smiliest one! She was so well behaved in fact that the physiotherapist used her to demonstrate to all us mummies different ways to lift and carry our little bundles. She was also great when it came to being placed on her back and grabbing for brightly colored toys being offered to her. Then the problems started. We were meant to put the babies on their tummies- something we were encouraged to do a few times during the day in order for their little backs and necks to get stronger.
Now, I know my little girl. And she HATES being put on her tummy, having her little face flop forward into the mat. So she told us all. At the top of her lungs. She HOWLED. For ages. Until I had to call it quits and offer her my boob. Then all was well with the world again. Exhale.

But the nurse strictly informed me that I have to put her on her front. Several times a day. In a kind of: "You just have to grin and bear it, missy!" kinda way. So I guess we'll have to start this new regime. Soon. But I comforted myself with the fact that she was best and happiest when turned the other way. And by the next check-up, she will be fabulous at all the other stuff too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...